Paradise Lost
We have a new forum!

http://paradiselost.ipbfree.com
Paradise Lost
We have a new forum!

http://paradiselost.ipbfree.com
Paradise Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paradise Lost

Paradise Lost is a forum dedicated to the Bioshock videogame series and the Role Playing community. If you enjoy intellectual videogame discussion and roleplaying with a Bioshock twist, Paradise Lost is your forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
We have a new forum! http://paradiselost.ipbfree.com
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 109 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:33 pm
Latest topics
» Stanny-boy. (Stanley Coleman)
Nate Kowalski I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:05 pm by Stanley

» 'Ello there.
Nate Kowalski I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:05 pm by Stanley

» Joseph 'Joey' Sleep
Nate Kowalski I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:42 pm by Joey

» Ideas for Plasmids?
Nate Kowalski I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:38 pm by Joey

» Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener
Nate Kowalski I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:34 pm by Orkpower

» Introducing myself
Nate Kowalski I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:29 pm by RTM

» Jonas "Judas" Priest
Nate Kowalski I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:52 pm by AspirationRealized

» Katherine "Kat" Brynes
Nate Kowalski I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:32 pm by AspirationRealized

» Hello, my name is Judas.
Nate Kowalski I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:05 pm by Judas

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Rapture Radio

Nate Kowalski

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WinstonZeddemore
Thuggish Splicer
Thuggish Splicer
WinstonZeddemore

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Nate Kowalski Empty
PostSubject: Nate Kowalski   Nate Kowalski I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:44 am

PROFILE:

Name: Nathan ('Nate') Kowalski

Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois

D.O.B.: 11-07-22

Hgt: 5'11" Wgt: 205 Hair: Brown Eyes: Gray

Description: A clean-cut, square-jawed man with close cropped hair. His barrel chest and general demeanor scream military or law enforcement. Wearing standard Rapture Security uniform. The uniform's clean, but not pressed, and his boots haven't been shined in a while. His 8 point hat cocked slightly back. He's not wearing the standard uniform coat/slicker, as cold Chicago winters conditioned him for the low temperatures. He's also wearing a standard police duty belt.

Background: Nate's a third-generation cop. His grandfather was a Chicago PD captain, and his old man made Lieutenant before cancer took him back in '48. Nate grew up on the southside of Chicago and was a rabid baseball fan, sneaking into Sox games with his friends and playing stick ball on his neighborhood street. During the war, Nate joined the Navy, finding himself in the Pacific theater aboard the USS Fletcher.

While the Fletcher was assisting in phase one of the liberation of the Philippine islands, the Japanese launched several air attacks against the ship's fleet. It was during one of these attacks that Nate caught some shrapnel in his side. This garnered Nate a Purple Heart and a ticket home. It also gave him a nasty 4 inch scar on his left side. After his recovery, Nate Kowalski joined the Chicago PD. Starting out as a beat cop in the Southside neighborhoods he grew up in, his street smarts and ability to talk to anyone garnered him respect within the community and an outstanding arrest record. He was taking care of his old neighborhood, protecting his people and making a difference in their lives. This was Nate's niche, his calling. He was proud to wear the uniform of the Chicago Police Department.

After the death of his father, Nate started growing weary of the actions of his superiors. His grandfather long since retired, Nate's father, Karl Kowalski, seemed to be the last voice of reason in a department that seemed to be permeating with mob influence. The brass was getting fat, and the city was suffering for it.

Nate was considering turning in his badge when he got a call from a buddy of his from the service, Tom, who was working as a cop in Norfolk, Va. Tom told him about this guy Sullivan recruiting officers from different departments to be part of some private security force. Nate told his friend he didn't want to be no door-shaker. It wasn't like that, Tom said. Apparently, the security Sullivan was talking about was for something bigger, like an actual police force. Tom gave Nate a phone number, asking Nate to just hear Sullivan out. After a couple days debating, Nate made the call.

"You got a good record, kid," Sullivan said, "But Chicago's a turd that's going down the john. You know it, I know it. This is a chance for a fresh start, kid. No double-dealing desk jockeys. No red tape. Best of all...no mob." Nate asked where this place was. The moon? "Not exactly, kid," chuckled Sullivan, "But close."

Nate arrived in Rapture in June of '49, coming in as a security officer with his own spartan apartment. Nate wasn't exactly overwhelmed by Rapture. It's very existence was fantastic, sure, but it was a city like any other and Nate had a job to do. It was simple enough. Baby-sitting egg heads and artists was a change from busting skulls of southside knuckle-draggers working for the mob. Ryan seemed on the level. Little arrogant, but who from that walk of life isn't. Ryan payed well and was happy as long as Rapture Security kept everything running smoothly. He was the best kind of boss in that he let them do their jobs! No looking over their shoulders and telling Sullivan how to run things. Ryan let the police actually police.

When Nate started hearing rumblings of Fontaine is when things changed. When Nate first arrived in Rapture, there were bar fights here and there, but they would just toss the bum in a cell and have 'em sleep it off. Now they were using pipes, wrenches and knives. Word coming out of Neptune's Bounty was that Fontaine was smuggling contraband. No one would say for sure, though, or they themselves would be found in a box...or several.

Then Ryan lost it. Letting Rapture Security do the policing went out the window, and Ryan ordered all energy focused on Fontaine. Security started conducting raids. As Nate had become a sergeant in the Rapture Security ranks, he oversaw a lot of the raids. As more arrests were made, more officers were assaulted, killed outright, or just disappeared. One morning, Nate woke up and saw Percy Cartwright, and officer missing for 4 days, floating outside his window, slowly turning in the crushing darkness. The introduction of plasimids thanks to Fontaine Futuristics didn't help. Now, not only was Nate going to have to deal with Fontaine's thugs, but thugs with damned super-powers?! Sullivan was wrong. Fontaine was a mobster if Nate ever saw one. Same song, different dance.

Bonus Item: Coffee

Sentimental Item: Father's Chicago PD Badge. # 88

Type: Standard

Alignment: Ryan, but things are shaky

Signature:

Name: Nate Kowalski
Class: Standard
Gene Modifications:
Plasmid Account (2/6):X, X
Physical Account (2/4):Sportsboost, X
Combat Tonics (2/4): X, X
Engineering Tonics (0/0): Locked. Not an engineer.
Weapon: Lead Pipe

Last edited by WinstonZeddemore on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:11 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
WinstonZeddemore
Thuggish Splicer
Thuggish Splicer
WinstonZeddemore

Nate Kowalski Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nate Kowalski   Nate Kowalski I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:46 am

GENE MODIFICATIONS:

Plasmid Account (2/6):X, X
Physical Account (2/4):Sportsboost, X
Combat Tonics (2/4): X, X
Engineering Tonics (0/0): Locked. Not an engineer.
Back to top Go down
WinstonZeddemore
Thuggish Splicer
Thuggish Splicer
WinstonZeddemore

Nate Kowalski Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nate Kowalski   Nate Kowalski I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 4:50 am

WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT:

Weapon: Lead pipe, Pistol (on duty belt)
Items:ADAM Hypo Needle, 4 First Aid Kits, 2 EVE Hypos, Coffee
Ammo: 3 pistol loads (on duty belt)

$100

(Sub category: CACHE)

Last edited by WinstonZeddemore on Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:36 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
WinstonZeddemore
Thuggish Splicer
Thuggish Splicer
WinstonZeddemore

Nate Kowalski Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nate Kowalski   Nate Kowalski I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 5:06 am

TRANSACTIONS:

None
Back to top Go down
AspirationRealized
Think Tank
AspirationRealized

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Nate Kowalski Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nate Kowalski   Nate Kowalski I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:23 am

WinstonZeddemore is approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nate Kowalski Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nate Kowalski   Nate Kowalski I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nate Kowalski
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Paradise Lost :: "Paradise Lost" A Rapturian Role Play :: Rapture Control :: Profiles-
Jump to: