Paradise Lost
We have a new forum!

http://paradiselost.ipbfree.com
Paradise Lost
We have a new forum!

http://paradiselost.ipbfree.com
Paradise Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paradise Lost

Paradise Lost is a forum dedicated to the Bioshock videogame series and the Role Playing community. If you enjoy intellectual videogame discussion and roleplaying with a Bioshock twist, Paradise Lost is your forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
We have a new forum! http://paradiselost.ipbfree.com
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 109 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:33 pm
Latest topics
» Stanny-boy. (Stanley Coleman)
Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:05 pm by Stanley

» 'Ello there.
Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:05 pm by Stanley

» Joseph 'Joey' Sleep
Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:42 pm by Joey

» Ideas for Plasmids?
Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:38 pm by Joey

» Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener
Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:34 pm by Orkpower

» Introducing myself
Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:29 pm by RTM

» Jonas "Judas" Priest
Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:52 pm by AspirationRealized

» Katherine "Kat" Brynes
Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:32 pm by AspirationRealized

» Hello, my name is Judas.
Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:05 pm by Judas

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Rapture Radio

Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Demosthenes
Think Tank
Demosthenes

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D Empty
PostSubject: Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D   Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:52 am

Name: Daniel "Danny" Victor Murdoch, Ph.D
Birthday: December 31st, 1928
Birthplace: New York City, New York

Appearance: With matching dark brown eyes and hair, his features tend much more toward his mother's side of the family than his father's. Standing at about 5 feet 10 inches and with his rather light build he does not make for a very imposing individual when you first meet him. However, he likes to keep himself clean, tidy, and is typically found wearing a black or dark navy pinstriped suit and matching hat. Should he feel the need, he has an overcoat as well. He keeps his hair neither overly long nor so short that it stands up on end. He also has a mustache that he keeps thin also. While working, he switches his suit coat for a white lab coat.

Background: While his father was of Scottish descent and his mother's family came from the Mediterranean territories, both had been born in the United States, and thus so had Daniel. Growing up in New York City, he often heard stories of the daring capers and dastardly deeds of Kid Yorke's Hudson Dusters, Paul Kelly's Five Points Gang, and Thomas "Tanner" Smith's Marginals from his grandfather who had been a detective with the New York City's police department during the turn of the century. The individuals who ran these gangs and the warfare that broke out between rival factions both fascinated and terrified Daniel at the same time. As time passed, the gangs faded away. Or perhaps they grew up. Daniel often collected articles about Brooklyn's own Murder Incorporated who did the dirty work the mob didn't even want to touch. At least that's what Daniel liked to think.

Through sheer determination, Daniel's father became a doctor and was able to provide for his family a life that his father before him could not. Though wealthy, Dr. Murdoch was as much a physician as he was a philanthropist. He gave generously to fledgling organizations designed to assist those in financial need. For his three children, he provided the best private schooling that could be found in Manhattan. Thus, he found it unpleasurable that one of his children was so interested in these hoodlums. So much so that the child wished to become a police officer like his grandfather! Dr. Murdoch simply would not have this and subsequently pushed Daniel toward the sciences. Entering into his post-secondary education at Princeton, Daniel fell in love with psychology and its attempts to quantify human nature. He majored in this science and went on to complete his doctorate. His thesis was entitled, "Behaviorism in Criminals" in which he examined the behavior of prisoners at Trenton State Prison.

Shortly after graduating, he returned to New York where he met with his father and an associate of his. This associate was there to offer Daniel a deal which he almost assuredly could not refuse. This individual had read Daniel's thesis, citing that the limitations of the government regulations had infringed upon what could have been a true manifesto in the art of psychology. It could have blown the works of William James right out of the water. If only he had had the access he desired. This could be afforded to him in a place where such boundaries were not there to limit but merely used as examples to inspire. Rapture.

Daniel whole-heartedly agreed to accompany this man to this fantastic place. After bidding his family farewell, and receiving a blessing from his father, he set out upon a steamer destined for Iceland. When they were a mere 200 miles off the coast of Iceland, the pair, along with several others, lowered a lifeboat into the water, boarded it, and rowed to a solitary lighthouse in the middle of the ocean. There, they entered the bathysphere and were informed who they now worked for...

Occupation: Behavioral Psychoanalyist/Plasmid Researcher for Fontaine Futuristics
Residence: Apollo Square
Affiliation: Fontaine Revolutionary
Bonus Item: Fontaine Futuristics issue EVE Hypo. "For test purposes only."
Sentimental Item: College ID

Type: Standard
Back to top Go down
Demosthenes
Think Tank
Demosthenes

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D   Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 12:56 am

Gene Modifications

Plasmid Account: (2/6)
-Telekinesis
-X

Physical Account: (2/4)
-SportBoost
- X

Combat Tonics: (2/4)
-X
-X

Engineering Tonics: Locked.

Last edited by Demosthenes on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Demosthenes
Think Tank
Demosthenes

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D   Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:05 am

Weapons and Equipment (Effects)

Weapons:
-Brass Knuckles

Items:
-ADAM Hypo Needle
-First Aid Kits (2)
-EVE Hypos (5)
-Rapture Dollars ($100)

Ammunition:
-None

Cache:
-Empty
Back to top Go down
Demosthenes
Think Tank
Demosthenes

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D   Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:08 am

Transactions:

None.
Back to top Go down
AspirationRealized
Think Tank
AspirationRealized

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D   Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:52 am

Demosthenes is approved.

...weird.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D   Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daniel Victor Murdoch, Ph.D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Paradise Lost :: "Paradise Lost" A Rapturian Role Play :: Rapture Control :: Profiles-
Jump to: