Paradise Lost
We have a new forum!

http://paradiselost.ipbfree.com
Paradise Lost
We have a new forum!

http://paradiselost.ipbfree.com
Paradise Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paradise Lost

Paradise Lost is a forum dedicated to the Bioshock videogame series and the Role Playing community. If you enjoy intellectual videogame discussion and roleplaying with a Bioshock twist, Paradise Lost is your forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
We have a new forum! http://paradiselost.ipbfree.com
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 109 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:33 pm
Latest topics
» Stanny-boy. (Stanley Coleman)
The Release of Paradise Lost I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:05 pm by Stanley

» 'Ello there.
The Release of Paradise Lost I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:05 pm by Stanley

» Joseph 'Joey' Sleep
The Release of Paradise Lost I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:42 pm by Joey

» Ideas for Plasmids?
The Release of Paradise Lost I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:38 pm by Joey

» Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener
The Release of Paradise Lost I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:34 pm by Orkpower

» Introducing myself
The Release of Paradise Lost I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:29 pm by RTM

» Jonas "Judas" Priest
The Release of Paradise Lost I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:52 pm by AspirationRealized

» Katherine "Kat" Brynes
The Release of Paradise Lost I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:32 pm by AspirationRealized

» Hello, my name is Judas.
The Release of Paradise Lost I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:05 pm by Judas

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Rapture Radio

The Release of Paradise Lost

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AspirationRealized
Think Tank
AspirationRealized

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-02-04

The Release of Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: The Release of Paradise Lost   The Release of Paradise Lost I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 7:41 pm

The wait is over.

I want to thank all of you for keeping patient and keeping enthusiastic. Lots of conflicts came up, revisions were made, and Paradise Lost is now very different than it ever was in that huge thread we had in 2K. Everyone will need to be approved to play again - don't worry this process won't take very long.

Don't look at these additions as complications, look at them as features. I have expanded on what Bioshock gave us to create a more immerisve environment. Everything has been checked for ease of use, organization, balance, and fairness.

Remember, this is the first time this has ever been done. We are going to make mistakes. If you are confused, feel free to ask questions. You can contact me via PM here at the Paradise Lost boards anytime.

NOTE: if you are one of those from the huge thread at 2K and you have decided to register with a different name, email me at aspirationrealized@gmail.com so I know who you are. I know you guys by your screen names, not your character names yet. If you are new and I've never heard from you before, email me at the same address and tell me a little about yourself.

What is Paradise Lost?
Paradise Lost is a Bioshock Roleplay. A roleplay is basically a collaborative story between multiple authors, with game elements thrown in. We create original characters appropriate for Rapture and play through the event before Rapture's Civil War. Fontaine is still alive and getting more and more obvious with his attempts to take control of Rapture from Ryan. Tensions are beginning to mount.

Players have the option of joining a side in the upcoming war (which we will also play through) or remaining neutral and achieving their own agenda.

How to get approved
:
-Register, get activated

-Read the rules in Rapture Control (link is below). I will know if you read or not, so don't bother trying to skip this part.

-Post a profile in the profile forum (located in Rapture Control), correctly. (check out the profiles of Think Tank members for example)

-Complete your signature (see Think Tank members for example)

-It is also suggested you read the first RP of Paradise Lost "A meeting". It is an example RP that shows many of the rules in action for easier understanding; its also a very good read!

Rapture Control Index
Read the very first post, then click
Click here to begin... Paradise Lost - a Rapturian Roleplay. This will take you to he very first thread of rules. Read everything in order; at the bottom of every thread a link will guide you to the next page.

NOTE: The links throughout the rules connecting to eachother are NOT correct. Don't bother with them. Just read from top to bottom and follow the link at the end of every thread.

[Neptune's Bounty, the Fighting McDonagh's] A meeting

NOTE: Be sure to look for the editor's notes! They will be bolded words with spoilers beneath them. Click to see what part of Paradise Lost that particular post is a good example of!

Some considerations

-The stuns for Electro Bolt and Winter Blast are still being worked on. We have a system to use in the meantime but we are trying to make it better.

-No one has heard from Forsaken Lament for weeks. He is in possession of the first Event RP. Because you guys were eager I decided to release anyway and allow you to do Freelance RPs. We will wait for him before creating any other Events, because he waited for me when I had to be away for a while! You can make Freelance RPs in the meantime though!

Credits

Who_is_Atlas?
provided information regarding the time period and events. He also created Our Time Line, which can be seen here. He also made our banner ^_^ and our name, Paradise Lost, was devised by him.

Forsaken Lament 04 Created this forum, and it has been virtually untouched by me since I received it. The awesome Rapture Radio idea was all him. Be sure to thank him for this wonderful forum. He was also key in developing the system and rules, and was the first to suggest bonuses based on alignment - an integral part of the PL experience.

august girl
Helped early on by creating lists for me to expand on. They don't much look the same as they did when she gave them to me, but it was a help nonetheless. She also made helpful suggestions concerning profiles.

Demosthenes created the Location bonuses we now use, and played a key role in the development of our system for Health, EVE, and Food items. Without him we wouldn't have Health and EVE simplified like we do now, nearly as many items, or the Booze Hound or Medical Expert & EVE Saver tonics (these two are unreleased).

And most of all...

2K. Without them Bioshock wouldn't exist. This is a fan based forum and no one profits off of 2K's story. We give them full credit and thank them for telling the best story ever told in a video game!
Back to top Go down

The Release of Paradise Lost
Page 1 of 1