Paradise Lost
We have a new forum!

http://paradiselost.ipbfree.com
Paradise Lost
We have a new forum!

http://paradiselost.ipbfree.com
Paradise Lost
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paradise Lost

Paradise Lost is a forum dedicated to the Bioshock videogame series and the Role Playing community. If you enjoy intellectual videogame discussion and roleplaying with a Bioshock twist, Paradise Lost is your forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
We have a new forum! http://paradiselost.ipbfree.com
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 109 on Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:33 pm
Latest topics
» Stanny-boy. (Stanley Coleman)
Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:05 pm by Stanley

» 'Ello there.
Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:05 pm by Stanley

» Joseph 'Joey' Sleep
Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 5:42 pm by Joey

» Ideas for Plasmids?
Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 12:38 pm by Joey

» Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener
Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:34 pm by Orkpower

» Introducing myself
Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:29 pm by RTM

» Jonas "Judas" Priest
Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:52 pm by AspirationRealized

» Katherine "Kat" Brynes
Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:32 pm by AspirationRealized

» Hello, my name is Judas.
Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 8:05 pm by Judas

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Rapture Radio

Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Orkpower
Thuggish Splicer
Thuggish Splicer

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener Empty
PostSubject: Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener   Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:25 pm

Name: Joseph Mitchener

Nickname: Mitch

Place of birth: Toronto, ON

Height

Appearance: A man of very tall stature, and made to look even taller by the lack of meat on his bones. His shoulders are small, compared to his height, and has very poor muscle tone. His cheekbones were naturally distinguished, made even more-so by weight, or rather lack there of. He has chocolate brown hair, which he likes to keep at the regulation length designated by the Canadian First Army. He has a long, and narrow scar on his right temple, which he received because of a brush with death during the war. He often wears a relatively tight, white short-sleeved shirt, with an olive-drab, loose fitting, light cotton jacket over top. He keeps his treasured flask in his left breast pocket, keeping it close to his heart, and wears a golden cross around his neck.

He often wears black, heavy-denim jeans, and a brown leather belt. He keeps his old combat knife in a custom leather sheathe that can be strung on the belt for easy access. He also wears steel-toed work boots. He feels at home in these clothes, as they are similar to what he wore in the First Canadian Army, while still keeping a personal touch to the outfit.

Background: A Canadian national, he was raised in a very superstitious household, and was raised to be a stout Christian. As a child, his family was well off thanks to a few key investments. That is, until he was 12, when they lost a great deal of money on said investments. They had to resort to manual labour to put food on the table, that is, until they started their own mechanic shop. Money was still extremely tight, but they were able to eat every night once again. As the shop began to fail, he was often called away from school to help his parents at work. Despite the lack of conventional schooling, he learned a great deal of practical knowledge from the shop. He became extremely knowledgeable about all things electrical and mechanical, and was very intuitive when it came to new technology.

His religious upbringing gave him a strong sense of duty, courage, and forgiveness. He also learned the importance of compassion and chivalry. His sense of duty led him to join the First Canadian Army. He was assigned to the 4th Princess Louise Dragoon Guards under the command of Major Harold Parker until he was captured in a standard recon operation in 1942. While he was being held, one of the Helferinnen Corps guards, Hanne, took a liking to him and gave him special treatment. Sometimes giving him a drink of alcohol, or extra yard time. He survived the concentration camp only because Hanne prevented him from being taken to some of the "special" interrogations. Over the next year, he and the guard gradually built a bond until she assisted his escape. Before his escape, she gave him the flask that he now constantly carries.

After he had recovered from the many, many injuries the other guards had inflicted on him, he helped in planning an assault on the concentration camp. This assault was an astounding success, rescuing every prisoner with no losses. Hanne was no where to be seen in the camp, or under it. It was assumed she had escaped the assault with some of the officers, but this assumption was later proven incorrect when she was publicly executed for treason. He also had learned that his parents had been killed in a robbery.

After this incident, he spiraled into a depression, as he blamed himself for Hanne's death, as well as not being there when his parents needed him. After about a year of suicidal charges, he was moved to a different unit after Parker made note of his suicidal behaviour. He used his anger and pain to effectively gather intel, so much so that he was awarded the rank of First Lieutenant, and given his own squad. He led a very long and distinguished career after he was given control of a squad. He is one of the few squad leaders that made it back with every original member alive, as he joined the military to save lives, not to end them.

During a very routine recon mission their Otter armoured car failed, it was a broken axle. They were behind enemy with nothing available to repair their only method of escape, when Mitch had a brilliant idea on how to fix it. He managed to repair it in the nick of time, they were being surrounded by SS assault troopers. He received a commendation for this feat. He made a name for himself before the end of the war, as he was involved in the recon of every major operation based in Germany.

Once he left the service, he became an alcoholic, and eventually ended up living on the street until he was arrested for drunk and disorderly. They let him go, but this caused him to take a long, and hard look at his life. He quickly checked into the nearest rehab center, and after a hard year of attempts, he finally managed to sober up.

He joined a mechanic's shop to resume some semblance of a normal life, after 7 or so months, he started going back to his happy and care-free self. The odd time he would hear something that would send him into a psychotic rage, a certain phrase, an event, or even just a sound. He never injured anyone, but would often damage their property.

After another 4 months in the shop, he had become world-renowned for being able to fix anything you brought him. This attracted the attention of Andrew Ryan, who had an agent bring him a piece of broken Rapturian technology. After about an hour of tinkering with it, he managed to repair it. After this show of extreme knowledge and ingenuity, he was given an invitation to Rapture.

After a week of careful deliberation, he decided it would be a good idea to go. He stood slack-jawed when he first entered the bathysphere to Rapture, marveling at the beautiful city, and the wonders that lay beyond. When he exited the bathysphere, Andrew Ryan himself stood there to greet him, and to give him the position of being Head of Maintenance. He stood there, amazed that Ryan himself would care enough to greet me.

At first he felt right at home, he felt truly welcome for the first time since the war started. This quickly changed during 1954 when Fontaine formed the Little Sister Orphanage. When tensions started rising between the two sides, he stayed neutral, sometimes switching from side to side depending on the current situation. He has also been very protective of other citizens, pulling them out of danger no matter their beliefs.

Class: Standard

Affiliation: Neutral Rapturian

Sentimental Item: A mirror polished, sterling silver flask with a golden leaf Reichsaddler inlay in the center. He received this from Hanne, the guard in the concentration camp that helped him escape. It's full of Dopplekorn.

Attributes:

Melee: Combat Knife ((Special butcher's knife))

Bonus Item: First Aid Kit

Tonics: Natural Camouflage, Acrobat, Spider Walk

Last edited by Orkpower on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orkpower
Thuggish Splicer
Thuggish Splicer

PostSubject: Re: Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener   Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:31 pm

Plasmids (2/6): X, X

Physical Tonics (3/4): Natural Camouflage, Acrobat, Spider Walk

Combat Tonics (1/4): X

Engineering Tonics (0/0)
Back to top Go down
Orkpower
Thuggish Splicer
Thuggish Splicer

PostSubject: Re: Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener   Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:33 pm

Weapons: Combat Knife ((Special butcher's knife))

Personal Effects: ADAM Hypo Needle, Four First Aid Kits, Three EVE Hypos
Back to top Go down
Orkpower
Thuggish Splicer
Thuggish Splicer

PostSubject: Re: Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener   Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:34 pm

Transactions:

$100/50 ADAM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener   Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joseph "Mitch" Mitchener
Page 1 of 1